Weekend Warrior: Front Garden Edition

Taking advantage of one of the last good weekends before the cold weather blows in, I finally got down and dirty with the front garden.

I've been feeling bad about our low curb appeal. There's a house for sale just two doors down and if prospective buyers are looking for this sort of thing, they're definitely not thinking too highly of the neighborhood.

My goal is to make this garden smaller by adding these paving stones from Home Depot. As it is, it's too much upkeep for me right now. So, for about $30, I loaded the trunk with pavers and dedicated about an hour to cleaning it up.

Before: A Hot Mess and Stanley the Scarecrow
It's a good start. I want to add more pavers -- maybe even a third layer. And I'm definitely going to need more mums and choose a few perennials along the back. Plus, Stanley needs a scarf or maybe some clothes. 

After: All Cleaned Up
The dirt along the front is getting seeded on Monday. I took about a quarter off the garden bed, but it still doesn't feel like enough. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Books Read ... So Far This Year