Weekend Projects: Hooks and More!

Last weekend, with great weather and a light schedule, gave us the perfect opportunity to get some house projects done.

Hooks:
I'd been thinking about shuffling around the hooks in the house, to maximize organization and some storage issues that crop up during our busy weekday schedules. I just can't stand when we're not using this house to it's fullest potential. 

So, despite all the new holes I put in my walls, think I created some more-usable spaces. 

Sorting Station

This area below the stairs held family photos and a large lamp. In the switch-around from several weeks ago, I decided it would make a good landing place for bags, backpacks and eventually the hats, mittens and scarves. 

Here's this area now, with the addition of hooks and assigned storage. 

After: Decluttered. With Hooks.

Photos:
The spot over the sofa in the parlor also needed some attention. In the hallway shown above, I had picture ledges that were getting overlooked. No one cared what was on them. So I transferred them to over the sofa.

I'll need to do a bit of refining on the arrangements, but I think it's a big improvement to what was there before: nothing.

New Photos Over the Sofa

Busy weekend!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project