Skip to main content

Fall Books 2017 -- New Series by Fav Authors

Every year I get all worked up about fall books that are coming out and this year is no exception. The big theme for the Fall seems to be favorite authors kicking off new series. WOW!

Maggie Steivfater is starting a new series so of course I'm crazy-excited to get my hands on it. The first book is called All the Crooked Saints. Get it to me!

Leigh Bardugo, who wrote Six of Crows, one of my all-time favorite reads, has Wonder Woman: Warbringer coming out at the end of August. A Wonder Women prequel??? YES PLEASE! Language of Thorns is also coming out this fall and takes place in her amazing Greishaverse.

Kristen Cashore, who wrote Graceling series, another total fav, has Jane, Unlimited coming out. She hasn't released a new book in forever, so I'm falling all over myself to get it. Though, there's a "choose your own adventure" element (maybe) that I've read that sounds a little kooky.


The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air) is coming out by Holly Black. I've loved some of her books and not liked others. This one is faerie-centered, so I'm all in.

John Green has a new book coming in October called Turtles All the Way Down -- I haven't heard too much about the plot. If it's fun John, like Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska, I'm in. If it's got terminally-ill teens, I'll pass.

Stephanie Perkins, who wrote Anna and the French Kiss and all those other lovely YA romances has a slasher/thriller called There's Someone in Your House. If it's gruesome, I may need to pass, but I'd love to give it a try anyway.

Plus, three of my favorite romance novelist have new books out: Kylie Scott, Sarah MacClean and Scarlett Cole.

That doesn't even include the debut authors with new books I've been hearing about. Such as The Hazel Wood (magicians, princesses, oh my!) by Melissa Albert, and Wicked Like a Wildfire by Lana Popovic. Both, incidentally, have beautiful covers that make me want to buy the hardcover, just so I can prop it up on my desk.

SO MUCH TO READ!



Related Posts
All my "Fall Books" posts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.