A Few Words About Business Class

Dave wanted our Chicago - Paris flight to be comfortable, in case we were feeling any anxiety about the move (as it turned out, not at all), so he used miles to upgrade us all to Business Class.

Having flown trans-Atlantic several times in the last several years and always in "normal" class, Business Class was just as luxurious I had always imagined it would be while gawking through the curtain. 

We hit the Polaris Lounge on our way to the gate for some nibbles and a few bottles of water (gratis, of course), then spread out in our little business class pods on the airplane. I could stand, lay flat, or just lounge back like I was in my own Lazyboy recliner. For a 7-hour flight, it was pretty sweet.

I even think we were delayed on the ground for an hour. And I honestly didn't really notice. We had a nice four-course meal, watched a movie (and a few shows) and laid right on down for a five-hour nap.

We were in Paris and (mostly) rested for our journey from the airport into the city.
The Girls Living Their Best Lives - During the Dessert Course (Sundaes)!
I know our next flight will likely be back in steerage so I will treasure these memories of a long flight being comfortable for a change. If you have the means, I highly recommend springing for the upgrade.

Now, on the Paris, our new home-sweet-home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project