Skip to main content

Top Ten Posts of 2017

Let's look back at the top 10 posts of the year ...

1. My Paris Purse Predicament - read it here
I'm not a fashion blogger by any stretch of the imagination, but my Paris purse "crisis" was one of my most-viewed posts of the year.

2. The Fox on the Wall - read it here
There's something fun about documenting a funny craft project for a post. And this one turned out so cute. Was glad others thought so, too.

3. Cabinets Need Color - read it here
Our basement remodel was fun to document, as well. Though the big things happened in 2016, there were still some outstanding projects at the beginning of this year ... and, let's be honest, there's still a little punch list.

4. What I'm Digging at the End of January - read it here
5. and the June edition - read it here
I like putting together these roundups of my favorite things. They're an easy way to share all the

6. Packing for 7 Days in London - read it here
This post was inspired by Pinterest and all those really well-laid out fashion capsules I love. Without Photoshop or any similar photo program, I had to do the capsule IRL (in real life) and I think it turned out kinda kitsch.

7. My Top Influencers for 2017 - read it here
Inspired by the Forbes Influencers list I was looking at for a copywriting assignment, I thought I'd come up with my own list. I do love my lists! This one might get its own page at some point, because I love introducing people to worthy sites and folks to follow.


8. My Mantra These Days - read it here
This year I was really struggling with being a new stay-at-home-mom or to use the more loaded of the term "housewife." So I wrote about it a few times. This is the shorter of the two.


9. The Mom Purse Summer Tote Project - read it here
Again, not a fashion blogger, but this summer I did a three-post series of my tote bags. The first two were viewed, but the Mom purse was the most popular. I can understand, who doesn't want to peek into someone else's purse. Plus, purses do well!


10. The Fireplace Project Version 2 - read it here
Once the basement was done, this was my big DIY home project for the year. I still love the way the fireplace turned out, and this is the post that turned it all around for me. If it wasn't for the advice to leave the molding, I'm sure I would have had to call in a professional.

Happy 2018 everyone! 


Related posts:
All my "year end" posts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.