Book Stack For the New Year

I'll admit it, I had sooo many books I wanted to bring back to Paris from the States that I packed a separate carry-on backpack when we returned last week. Curious to know what I brought?

Here's what made the cut, from top to bottom --

Red Glove by Holly Black - this is an older ya book, the second in a series, that I started years ago. But I keep wondering what happens to Cassel, the main character, and how he deals with his horrible family and circumstances. I have the third book and I'm sure I'll regret not packing that, too.

Let's Go (So We Can Get Back) by Jeff Tweedy - this autobiography of the oddly charming Wilco lead singer called to me because that title could absolutely be the title of my own memoir.

Cozy Minimalist Home by Myquillyn Smith - I found this at Target and I've been thinking so hard about arranging furniture in my house that this just made sense to develop some strategies that lean toward the minimal.

This Will Only Hurt a Little by Busy Philipps - my favorite Instagram follow, I'm looking forward to reading these short stories in her totally relatable writing style.

The President as Leader by Micheal Eric Siegel - this is David's uncle's book about contemporary presidents and their leadership styles. It's an academic text, but it's really readable for non-scholars. 

Clean Slate from the Editors of Martha Stewart Living - I always enjoy a Martha Stewart-created cookbook, it's my cookbook style and I've been digging into different eating styles lately, like my research in keto, etc.

Becoming by Michelle Obama - obvious required reading. I listened to Oprah's podcast interview with her and just fell in love with the idea of we're continually "becoming..." there's more than one career for us, there's no finish line, etc.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling and others - I've owned this one for quite a while, as well. But after our Potter-polooza trip to London last November, I want to finally dig in to what this story is all about. It's written as a screenplay, so should be a quick read.

There's a few books I didn't fit in my backpack carryon, including Homebody by Joanna Gaines, which I really really really wanted to bring along. But it's hardback and huge. And heavy. So it will be waiting for me, along with a few shelves-full of other books to read.

Speaking of, this month has a bunch of NEW BOOKS I've been waiting for, including a new Holly Black (the second in her new series), a new Leigh Bardugo and the second Sally Thorne romance. Of course all that I'll buy on my Kindle because the nearest English book store is a 30 minute metro ride away. But more on these books later.

Happy reading!



Related posts:
I write a lot about reading and books

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project