Costume Planning for Halloween

Halloween is right around the corner and we're full-speed in the spirit of that most-fun holiday.

Leah has decided to be an owl this year. And I, in turn, have decided to make her costume.

I found instructions on how to make wings here (a blog called Prudent Baby)  but will use browns and oranges instead of the pretty pinks and blues. And if I feel really ambitious, I'll add feathers to the shirt, too! (Like this.)

I was at the fabric store last weekend, rummaging through the remnant piles for owl-colors. And will need to make another trip this weekend for more oranges and reds. Then, a search through Etsy.com to find a felt mask -- that I can either remake or buy (likely buy -- I don't have THAT much time.)

As for Alice, she's still deciding. For weeks, it was clear she was going to wear her Ariel costume (all that's missing is a red wig), but lately she's wavering. I heard her talking about being a witch or wizard. I gave her a Sunday deadline to make up her mind.

Check back for progress photos of the owl wings.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project