A Far Out Idea for the Entryway

Here's the awful before picture of my entryway from the office. The main door to the house is on the right, the rest of the house is on the left. And it is just .... not good.
Entryway -- What Happened Here?! 
I've been pricing entryway furniture -- something with hooks, a shelf, a bench. Maybe some storage. A mirror would be nice. But, DO YOU KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE THAT STUFF IS?! I just can't justify spending hundreds of dollars on the foyer!

Plus, I want to keep the profile thin -- so it doesn't jut too far out into this hallway and cut off running space.

So, I have this CRAZY idea. Whatif Whatif Whatif I BUILT IN a piece of entryway furniture? Trim, beadboard, some hooks, pre-made shelves and bench?

I'd get the style and sleek profile I want. And get to decide on color and overall look.

Than reality check (!), I don't have carpentry tools or skills to undertake something that big! So, I did some shopping around IN MY OWN house for other options.

Voila! The Ikea shelving unit hiding behind the sofa was the perfect color, depth and width. And with the discovery of perfectly-fitting Target blue baskets, we're inching toward a better foyer. 


So much more work to be done.


Related posts:
More Foyer posts 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Books Read ... So Far This Year