Skip to main content

Diet Update - Just a Little One

I promise this wasn't going to become a blog about my diet/weight-loss "journey" (ugh) for the new year, but wanted to give you an update. It's January, everyone is watching their diet and exercising more this month. It's the American way!

The Update: I'm starving and sore. 

The Work-Out Plan
Starving because the first week of this T25 Beach Body plan limits your calories to about 1,000 for the day. THE DAY! For example, my lunch today was two deviled eggs. Two eggs! That's it. Am I missing something here? I get an afternoon snack that I will be hungry for in about 30 minutes. They ask, am I drinking water, yes! Yes! Yes! So much that I'm in the bathroom every hour.

Sigh. I was prepared for some deprivation, but this doesn't seem right.

Anyway, this weekend I can increase the caloric intake by a few hundred, so yippee.

On the workout front, well, that's going better. They're 25 minutes and, yes, they kill you, but it's over quickly. At first, I was doing them in the morning and was seething with murderous rage afterwards because I was tired, hungry and had too much other things to do in the morning.

Not good.

So, the last two days I've been doing them in the evening, while the girls eat their (delicious) dinner and mine was cooking (about 6:30-7pm). It's not like I have a full stomach, even after a meal, so I have plenty of options on when to workout. I like it much better, but my energy tank is completely empty by 9pm. Who says working out gives you endorphins/energy hasn't met me.

Maybe I'll work up to that good post-exercise feeling?

That's the update. I hope you're all doing better on your "eat better, exercise more" resolutions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.