My Pilgrimage to the Dells

Growing up in suburban Minneapolis EVERYONE went on vacation to the Wisconsin Dells. At the time, it was mostly outdoor waterparks and lake activities -- perhaps more, I never knew because we never went.

Sure, it would have been pricey for a large family to go ... But tell that to my 12-year-old self who just wanted to go on vacation to the same place all my friends went. (In hindsight, there were likely many families who never went either, but...)

So, fast-forward to the present day and we're less than a three-hour drive from this family vacation mecca. In no uncertain terms I made it known that we would get to the Dells ... and soon. I would put to rest the years of adolescent longing. Of course, this wasn't a tough sell to Dave or the kids. Indoor waterparks? Um, yeah, sure. When are we going?

Spring break proved the best week to go. And with Dave's out-of-control travel schedule, we needed some family time. We were there Thursday morning through Friday afternoon and had a great time. And with Leah's birthday around the corner, we celebrated early.

I'm not sure what it was like in the 80's but I can see what all the fuss was about. It was crowded, crazy and fun. Another childhood ghost put to rest.

Ready to Swim!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project