'The Undomestic Goddess' Audiobook Review

Audiobook: The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
Ready by: Rosalyn Launder
Genre: Chick Lit

Occasionally I like to read about adults -- take a break from the teens and find out what my own demographic is up to. Sophia Kinsella is a well-liked "chick-lit" author so I browsed her section at the library last week and pulled the one that sounded the most likeable.

What was I thinking!?

My absolute most loathsome, pet-peevish plot device is creating a web of lies. Samantha, the main character here, bumbles into a housekeeper job interviews and, thanks to a rather powerful narcotic, gets the job – even though she’s actually a workaholic city lawyer. When she realizes it the next day, instead of coming clean, she keeps up the charade. Lie and lie builds up until I wonder how dumb any of these people can be. And how low can Samantha go?

And this was just after the first disc.

Like I do with any book I'm not into but feel invested enough (and for me, it doesn't take much) to find out what happens to the protagonist in the end -- I skimmed. I listened to odd number discs and forwarded haphazardly. I stumbled upon the first-kiss scene and was able to keep up with the gist of the plot. Then, I listened to the last disc (I think there were 11 in total) and felt she got a much better deal than she deserved.

As for me, I learned my lesson and will be sticking to nieve teens and nonfiction, for now.

Grade: Red Light 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project