Skip to main content

MY Late Night Talk Show

The Guest, The Host, The Desk
I don't often stay up late. I am not a night owl ... and never was. But occasionally I catch a late night talk show and I hate them. And then I fall asleep.

If I ever get a job running my own late night talk show (which could happen) I will obliterate the format. That first 20 minutes of the host telling bad jokes? Gone.

The Late Night with Jessica Show starts with the guest.

In the first five minutes -- before the first commercial break, even -- out comes my first movie-star guest. I will ask smart questions and allow the person ample time to speak, trying not to rudely interrupt. I will show a much longer clip of the movie/show he/she is promoting and talk about the other actors in the film, the story or the director. I'm not James Lipton, but I would certainly like to hear the guests talk for more than 4 minutes, especially after sitting through 20 minutes of commercials and a horribly bad monologue. What's the point? I'm half asleep, anyway.

Later, I might set up a funny sketch or invite a comedian to do his/her act. Maybe another guest would sit with me and talk, with equal attention paid and longer movie clips. Then, a musical performance -- just because they are cool.

Of course, the Late Night with Jessica Show would need to be filmed at 3:00, because I'm not staying up late for this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.