Skip to main content

I Love You Amazon!

I'm often reminded of how much I can't live without my Amazon.com account. It's every working mom's best friend.

It's because of my account, and Prime subscriptions, that I only need a monthly trip, if that, to Target. Less errands makes me a happy Mom.

I've got subscription services set up for paper towels, laundry soap and dish washer liquid. And I buy them in bulk, so I only have to think about it every few months.

I have a bunch of wish lists created for new books and stuff that catches my eye, to look at later. And a list of Holiday Gifts -- which is especially helpful when the kids find a toy they MUST HAVE. I scan the barcode into my Amazon iPhone app and the toy is added to their list. Works every time! (I'll decide later if I'll really buy it.)

The two-day free shipping through Prime insures that gifts get where they need to go quickly -- like on time for my nieces birthday or that I get snorkels delivered the day before our trip to Aruba. 

And recently I discovered there are Orla Kiely handbags -- my designer of choice -- now available and some at discount. (This was a very dangerous find, actually. Is there a way to parental control myself?) 

Anyway, if you're a parent get yourself a Prime account and start organizing your shopping with Amazon. You'll thank me.

(This isn't a sponsored post or anything, I'm just a fan.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.