Shopping For the Master Bathroom

Our master bathroom is a major eyesore.

Builder-grade everything, Hollywood lights, vinyl tile, etc. I'll post some updated photos soon. While we were in France, I started to planning the remodel. (My bathroom Pinterest board here.)

The remodel is an absolute priority -- so the contractor who did our basement got one of my first calls after arriving home and a start date is now set.

The time is NOW to finalize the finishes and even start shopping. YIPPEEE! 

After all the research here's the final shop board for our MASTER BATHROOM ...
Sources Coming Soon
Lots of grays and white. Lots of black fixtures. Moody and lovely!

The floor tile was probably the easiest and most important, because everything starts with the floor. It's also a big expense. I went to Floor & Decor, Home Depot, and Loews and brought home a few tiles that fit my budget (under $2/sq ft). It became pretty obvious which was our favorite -- it's a moody blue-grey tile with tiny lines. 

The vanity was the hardest thing to choose. First, you need to know that vanities are super expensive. No idea why, they just are. And I decided to do two vanities -- his and hers. I spent hours going down rabbit holes of vanities on all the major websites: Wayfair, Build, Overstock, Hayneedle, etc.

I found a GORGEOUS vanity online (Wayfair) but it would have been a total budget buster. And reviews were mixed. They're always mixed. But while at Home Depot falling in love with the floor tile, I noticed they had these nice-looking vanities with lots of drawers (I neeeeed the storage). And the price was RIGHT.

The rest of the finishes fell in line, as I thought about color and budget.

More coming soon ...




Related posts:
More Bathroom posts 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project