The Bathroom Tile Snafu

This one is on me.

I went to Home Depot months ago and found the Metro Gris tile I feel in love with. It was shiny and blue/grey/black. Just perfect and lovely. And the right price.

I built the entire color scheme of the room around this floor tile. All of it.

Weeks later, I went on the Home Depot website and filled up my cart, double-triple checked everything, and hit BUY.

Glossy in Front, Matte in Back
Now, even more weeks later, the tile has arrive in the back of a huge semi truck on a palette and .... it's not the same as the tile sample I brought home from Home Depot all those months ago.

*GASP!*

I got these one: Metro Gris Glazed Porcelain Tile.

I meant to get this one: Metro Gris Glossy Ceramic Tile.

But here's the thing: I think the mistake ACTUALLY is the better tile.

First, it's obviously the same shade, "metro gris," so my room's color story is not in peril. It's pretty much the same.

Also, the porcelain tile is probably better for bathroom floors. The glossy tile would have gotten slippery when it got wet (stepping out of the shower). The one I ended up with is matte, so less slick.

The size is different, too. The one I got is larger -- 12x24. The original glossy tile is 10x20. I like the concept of a larger tile underfoot. The room will look larger and more cohesive.

Lastly, the title of the tile I got actually says "floor" while the glossy when just says "wall." So, I think my mistake was actually for the best.
It's Hard to Capture the Exact Hues, But Here's The Bathroom Color Scheme
I guess the only way to know for sure is to see it when it's all installed and pretty on our floor.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project