The Doggie Closet Conundrum

Included on my laundry room task list is this little closet.

It's behind the room's door (pulled off to paint) and once had a bifold door on it which we removed because the space was too tight. It's too dinky to be a coat closet, anyway.

In the past, this closet was dedicated to our dog. We had a crate and basket of accessories, etc. And we'd like to use it for that again.

I thought instead of an ugly crate, I can install a baby gate in this doorway and use that as a crate. But I wanted to make the wall a little easier to clean, and add more shelving.

Here's the before ...


First, after I built all those shelves for the pantry, I had all this confidence to build more. So I added two built in shelves. (I may even add more!)

Then I did research on removable wallpaper, which is similar to contact paper. It's wipeable and can be a pretty accent. So I added this paper I got from Target to the plan. (Though, I did look at Spoonflower shop on Etsy for some cute puppy-themed wallpaper. Too pricey.)

It didn't take long for the little closet to come together!


Next, I'll move in the pup and all his things and hopefully I can keep it looking as cute!

The laundry room is just about complete! And I'm so so so so glad we prioritized the update. It's made all the difference.



Related links:
More Laundry Room posts
My Laundry Room Pinterest Inspiration Board

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project