Picking Through the Whites

I might be more sensitive to color than other people. I can look at a stack of white paint chips and see differences, while David just sees WHITE. Because of this, I'm pretty good when it comes to choosing wall colors. Plus, I've got a lot of experience painting rooms. (As you know.)

When it comes to my master bathroom walls, I've got an idea of what I want. With grey vanities, blueish grey floor tile and lots of white subway tile, I want the walls to be white with just a bit of blue/grey, too.

I picked up a hundred chips at the Home Depot and I'm starting to dig into the possibilities ...
(Your computer screen might show the colors a little differently than I see them in real life.) I've got the floor and wall tile behind all the colors, and the black light fixture, too.

I started by laying out each chip to see how they "read." The too beige-y or too purples were dismissed. As well as anything too dark. Which left me with what you see in the photo. I'm looking for just enough of a contrast from the white tile, in the direction of grey or blue, but not too far.

I'll leave them on the table and walk passed it a few times today and see which color catches my attention through the various shades of light.

I'm on a bit of a deadline, as I'd like to paint the closet before they install the floor tile ... which would be THIS WEEKEND.

Also, the linen closet is the perfect spot to do something fun and cute ... I'm thinking a pop of yellow or moody blue that matches the tile would be awesome. Again, something I should paint this weekend, so I don't mess with the flooring.

More soon ...



Related posts:
Follow along with the Master Bathroom progress on this label
See my Bathroom inspiration on my Pinterest board

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project