Skip to main content

The Dueling Vanities

Early on, I decided I'd prefer to have "his and her" vanities in the remodeled master bathroom. Let's just say, one of us is messier than the other and having this separation is good for the marriage. OK?

After investing a whole lotta time looking at all the sites and shops (I'd go down hour-long wormholes of vanities), I selected this vanity from Home Depot (here's the link). I got to see it in the store, which is a bonus, and liked the look and feel. Plus, look at all those drawers!!! Storage galore!

When I found it, it was priced on sale for less than $700, which was well within my budget. So I thought I was done ... But the day I went to purchase all the items for the master bathroom, it was OUT OF STOCK!
When you see "Out of Stock" you just have no idea when it will be back in stock, so I was back to square one.

Since I was buying a whole lotta other stuff from Home Depot, I continues combing through their website and found this charming little lady! (Here's the link to this vanity.)
Not only was it the color I was looking for, the storage seemed like a better fit -- a mix of shelves and slide-out drawers for even better organization! Also the top was quartz ... and it just has a bit more style. (Plus, it's from the Martha Stewart furniture line and YOU KNOW how much I love Martha!)

The icing on the cake was it was on sale for 50% off making them under $800 each, which was my max budget. (Vanities are crazy expensive!) 

So, ORDERED! And it's being shipped to our house as I type. Success!



Related links:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.