Coffee Table Phase 1

Coffee Table At Last!
In my day job, we do a lot of iterative projects. So, I'm doing the same for my coffee table.

It's a pretty huge step that I even have one. I've only been looking for the last 10 months, or so. I got lucky, as this one was sitting in the corner of Mom's condo collecting dust (thus, FREE!). She found it in an antique shop after she moved to Illinois. In her latest move, it didn't even get set up.

It's a dining table, but I liked the curves and the legs. And it has a leaf! So it extends, which I thought would be a clever feature for a coffee table.

A few days before my company arrived for Christmas, I rescued it from Mom's condo, had Dave cut down the legs and, viola! fabulous (if a little wobbly) coffee table.

It's the right size and height (I wanted it a bit higher than traditional tables) and displays all the books and magazines I'm in the middle of reading. Even the giant Louvre book I got for Christmas fits!

The next phase is a date with design: Either stripped and restained. Or sanded and panted a bright and jolly color.  Color thoughts?

I'll keep you posted on the progress, of course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project