Conflicted By the Elves

So the cleaning service came again yesterday. An event I was very much anticipating.

When we arrived home, we were, as usual, elated to walk around the house and enjoy that clean, just-washed-my-hair feeling.

Then, hold up! On the counter, I found a bunch of cleaning products and a receipt (from evil Walmart, no less). The Walmart was a blow in itself (which is post for another day) but the products were all harsh non-organic products. Lysol, Comet, Pledge (orange-scented!) and the like.

Here's where I get all conflicted.

I've mentioned in the past about my preference for organic cleaning products. I have kids. They eat stuff off the table and floor. I would like to minimize the family's exposure to bleach and the cancer-causing toxins found in these products.

On the other hand, the cleaning service are professionals, right? They know what works. What gets the best results. What they want to work with. If they want to use this toxic stuff, I should just acquiesce, right? Or at least look the other way and just take the clean house at face value.

I could call the service and ask them to return the stuff and give them the better stuff. Or I could just let it go.

In any event, this certainly shines a light on my lack of cleaning products. No wonder the house was never clean! But that's another story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project