'Seraphina' Audiobook Review

Audiobook: Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
Read by: Justine Eyre
Genre: YA Lit

Dragon fantasies are often a stretch for me, but I do enjoy a fantasy now and then -- and this one came highly recommended by my friend Sonja at bookwink.com. So when I saw the audiobook brand-new on the shelves, I couldn't resist.

I'm actually not sure how I stayed on the road while listening to this book. I was so caught up in each scenes, picturing every character, imagining their outfits, gestures and looks. Miles went by when I don't remember consciously looking at the road in front me. (Maybe a risk I should think about in the future.)

I loved this story. Seraphina is a sweet girl despite the large burden of secrets she carries around. The book is exquisitely written. And Prince Lucian Kiggs is dreamy; I kept picturing Jon Snow from "Game of Thrones." Actually, every character is vivid and full of life. And each is operating in the shadows of good and evil.

But the MVP goes to the narrator, Justine Eyre. Her voice is lilting with a sweet British/Irish accent and she smoothed over foreign words I would have tripped over on my own. She breathed even more life to this already excellent story.

Grade: Greenlight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project