Family Room Curtains Are In Progress

Adding the Tabs
So Dave has been campaigning for curtains in the family room since we moved in.

We love the room because it has a ton of windows, but they're not always ideal when you want to watch football in the middle of a Sunday -- with the sun streaming through the windows. (Poor guy).

Curtains are a lot cheaper than finishing the basement for his man-cave (waiting for the lottery to start on that project.)

As I mentioned earlier, I found thick, navy upholstery fabric at the Loomcraft outlet and after I had finished my glorious dining room curtains, I set to work on these.

Measuring Out the Tabs 
I'm doing a hidden tab design using grosgrain ribbon as the tabs (as suggested by a blogger tutorial I found). I'm also making a rod pocket, just in case I change my mind.

I needed three panels, as I have three windows that go 119'' across the back of the room. Big space.

It's challenging to work with this amount of fabric. And it's heavy, too. At least I don't have to iron it.

The other nice thing is the blue thread is hard to see -- as it's a near-match. So my sloppy stitching (why can't I stitch a straight line?!) will be difficult to see, unless you're an inch away and staring.

Finished product coming soon ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project