It's Cilantro Time!

This weekend I harvested the cilantro from the garden. The books say not to let it get past 8-inches high, so it was time to cut them down. This was a bit of a success for me, as I'd tried to grow cilantro from seed in my garden in New Jersey, and never had any luck with it. Here, it grows like crazy. And very quickly, too. So pleased.

I begged Dave to make his famous guacamole for dinner tonight, with burgers off the grill. YUM! And I'm going to try making cilantro pesto. There is A LOT of it, so if you have any cilantro recipes (preferably something I could freeze), I'm all ears.

I should be able to plant a second batch this week and harvest before it gets too cold. It feels a bit brash, but I'll try it anyway. You never know!

In the Garden, Ready to be Picked!

Ready to Be Washed

Drying, the Sweet Smell Was on My Hands for Days

Extreme Close Up!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project