We Went Camping! (Sorta)

Part of our "100 Things to Do This Summer" list included a night camping. So I did some research and found a campground for "car camping" in Southern Wisconsin called the Kettle Moraine State Forest.

Fire-Side at the Campsite
We got a late start, so by the time we found the park, drove to the site and pitched the tent, it was time to cook dinner.

Under the steady buzz of a million mosquitos, we ate, we explored, we sat by the camp fire. As it got dark, the girls hit the tent and spent about 30 minutes squealing and laughing -- excited to be in their sleeping bags and "sleeping outside."

They were finally ready to crash once I got into the tent, and the warm, happy feelings of sleeping out in nature quickly gave way to the reality that I was sleeping on the ground. With no pillow. On the ground.

So, yeah, I got very little sleep. Every attempt I made to get comfortable was accompanied by a loud SWISH of the sleeping bag that I was sure would wake everyone in the tent. I listened to nature (bug sounds are annoying), hoped my back wouldn't spasm and decided it would be a LONG time until I went camping again.

Whose idea was this anyway!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Books Read ... So Far This Year