'Requiem' Audiobook Review

Audiobook: Requiem by Lauren Oliver
Read by: Sarah Drew
Genre: YA Dystopia

This is the third book of the Delirium trilogy. I had to rush out the library to get it right when I finished the second. And was so excited to see the audiobook waiting for me on the shelves that I nearly yelped.

And no, it wasn't the ending I was hoping for. It was a bit disappointing, actually. Is there any hope for a fourth book at all?

When I think of the word "requiem," I think of ending and death. This story had no ending. In fact, it felt more like a middle book in a series rather than a finale. It didn't pick up steam until the final quarter of the story, otherwise, it was just a lot of walking around and Lena wavering back and forth over which guy she actually loved. Good boy Julian, who's very shallow or Alex, who is dark, deep and mysterious -- I mean, Lena, is there actually a choice here? Wake up!

Big props to Sarah Drew whose voice continues to mesmerize me, even when the story lost its direction.

Overall, it's not a complete bust of a trilogy. it had all my favorite dystopia elements and I felt a faint optimism at the end, but not enough to feel satisfied. Seriously, a fourth? Please?

Grade: Yellow Light

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project