Pretty in Gray

I ended up finishing the dining room around noon today and I'm pretty pleased with the results. No spills on the carpet -- so my worst fears were not realized -- and not too many mistakes on the trim. And the color is very warm and classy. The curtains and white furniture look especially nice.

Dining Room - Complete!
I'm mostly pleased I have another room ticked off my "Kill the Beige" list, which continues to be my overall motivation to paint. But, of course, there's more work to be done. The columns, which I painted white a few weeks ago, need to be finished and the window ledge needs a fresh coat of white.

Completed Dining Room - Another Look
Then there's the sitting room, connected to this dining room, that needs the gray treatment. I hope to tackle it over the weekend, since I have all the tools out and handy. I'm also thinking about bringing in a navy blue accent wall on this side of the room. Exciting!

Connect Living Room - Awk! What a Mess! You're Next!
See the high, square windows in these rooms? What would you think of small, chevron valences along the top? Same navy as the big window. Too much? Or a good connecting element? Discuss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project