Old And New Photos of the Living Room

I was tip-toeing through some old blog posts and discovered these early photos of our living room ...
Living Room: Before
Our house in New Jersey was much smaller, so we didn't have a lot of furniture when we moved in. I didn't want this "formal" living room to turn into a kids play room, this space was too valuable to me to make it into a toy dumping ground as I've seen other families do.

I wanted a true Living room where I could chat with visitors and family, without the TV blaring in the background. A comfortable place to read books and the New York Times. Maybe nibble on some cookies and drink tea.
Living Room: Before 2

First we found the sofas. The coffee table and the grayish wall color. It's my favorite room in the house (other than my bedroom). Follow the evolution here. And what we ended up with is pretty nice!

Here's the rooms from the same angle today ...

Complete with Halloween decorations this year. Spooky!

I have been thinking A LOT about this living room room and updating the style. I never liked where the windows are located -- so high up in the room. But I'm not sure HOW to deal with them. And what to do to make the whole space look more soft and welcoming.

Throughout the house I've been trying to incorporate more books with more book storage. I love books and I wanted more rooms in my house to reflect that love. Plus, they're a great, warm texture. I have dreams of doing a SUPER TALL bookshelf against the far wall with tons of books and things we've picked up in our travel. But that's so far out of budget and my skill.

Anyway, a post for another time. For now, I'm pretty satisfied about how far this room has come in eight years.


Related posts: 
More Living Room posts 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project