Kitchen Walls Going Up

Wow. Once the walls went up to cover all the holes the plumber and electrician needed, the kitchen room looked so much BIGGER! With a clean ceiling thanks to no more soffits, the room just looks so wide! We had daydreamed what the kitchen would look like without the soffits but seeing it was a whole other thing. 


TOTALLY WORTH IT!

I was also amazed by all the new sightlines. Never before could you see the patio door from the front hallway, and now you can thanks to the new openings in the dividing wall. That additional longer view and all the sunshine hitting new places ... I just can't get over it.

Now imagine all the white cabinets and walls, the additional lighting and warm wood accents -- and this kitchen is going to be a beauty! 

Progress is slow and steady -- the steady part I'm happy about, the slow, no so much. I wish I could get 8 more guys in here working. But this is just the reality, I guess. And the drywall process has been LOUD. Lots of sawing and drilling pieces into place.

If I squint, I just know it will all be worth it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project