Skip to main content

And Then We Swapped the Chairs

One of the last shopping items on my list was to find matching chairs for the kitchen table. My first idea was to find thrifted chairs and paint them all black. I've seen the look on Pinterest many times and it's awesome. 

But after digging through all the online shops and striking out at the ReStore (twice), I found black metal chairs that matched the white metal stools at the island. Great idea, right? And the price was less than most of the chairs I was looking at.  (Here's the Wayfair link to the black metal chairs I bought.)


Notice that I have two matching light-wood chairs we bought from Crate & Barrel back when Leah was born -- 16 years ago! -- and are no longer sold by that company, unfortunately. 


The matching black matches the light fixtures all over the kitchen. And they're more comfortable than you'd think. 


And last ... here's the kitchen table area with the finished floors. They're almost a light blonde and giving some Scandi vibes and I LOVE it. 

Here's my Pinterest board, if you want to see all the other direction I was thinking of going with the chairs AND kitchen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.