And Then We Swapped the Chairs

One of the last shopping items on my list was to find matching chairs for the kitchen table. My first idea was to find thrifted chairs and paint them all black. I've seen the look on Pinterest many times and it's awesome. 

But after digging through all the online shops and striking out at the ReStore (twice), I found black metal chairs that matched the white metal stools at the island. Great idea, right? And the price was less than most of the chairs I was looking at.  (Here's the Wayfair link to the black metal chairs I bought.)


Notice that I have two matching light-wood chairs we bought from Crate & Barrel back when Leah was born -- 16 years ago! -- and are no longer sold by that company, unfortunately. 


The matching black matches the light fixtures all over the kitchen. And they're more comfortable than you'd think. 


And last ... here's the kitchen table area with the finished floors. They're almost a light blonde and giving some Scandi vibes and I LOVE it. 

Here's my Pinterest board, if you want to see all the other direction I was thinking of going with the chairs AND kitchen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project