Skip to main content

Pink Bathroom Complete!

The Girls' Bathroom Reno Project turned out better than we could have hoped! 

Here's a quick summary of how it went: 

  • It took about 12 days, 2 days over the estimated. 
  • We only ran out of the subway tile, so I had to place a rush order on those. (I hadn't calculated in tile around the window, but once Andre suggested it, I wanted it.) 
  • I originally was looking at glass doors for the shower, but both daughter vetoed, as they are both in the bathroom at the same time and glass doors would provide ZERO privacy. So we went with a budget-friendly shower curtain, which adds pretty texture as well as privacy. Win win! 
  • The vanity light was a miss -- we should have put that junction box higher so we flipped the lights and they look weird. I have a new light coming. 
  • The color pink we choose ("Rachel Pink" from SW) came out perfect. Not too Pepto Bismol and not too nursery pink. I love it. I think even Dave likes it, but he'll never admit it. 
  • I was away in Spain when they installed the shelf brackets in the towel nook and they put them in upside-down. So I spent last weekend re-installing those and staining the white oak shelves. It took most of Saturday, but the results were perfect. We love that space!
Here's the final look at the Girls' Bathroom: 




And just in case you might have forgotten were we started (available in the last post with my plans), here's one BEFORE pic: 


Yay to clean and modern design!! 

More on the nook area in the next post. 

Will also add some links to products in the next update. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.