Fall Books 2015 - Can You FEEL the Excitement

The fall season always brings out the best books. This week alone I purchased two new books (not counting the lovely cookbook that arrived on Tuesday) and finished one.

So, here's my round up:

Rainbow Rowell, "Carry On"
Have you read "Fan Girl"? You MUST to read "Fan Girl" -- it's just that good. Funny, touching, well-paced and perfect. So the main character in that book write fan-fiction for a Harry Potter-esque book series -- which is THIS book. It's the fiction Cath's writing in FanGirl! And I can't wait to DIG IN. More info here. 

Leigh Bardugo, "Six of Crows"
Various authors and friends are raving about this new YA book, so I got a sample on my Kindle and had a hard time putting it down. Lately, my little one is having trouble falling asleep and requested I watch over her, so I read while she falls asleep. This takes her about 5 minutes because I'm paying zero attention to her. But I end up sitting in her room for 30+ minutes after she's asleep just reading. The book is about a group of thieves and misfits hired to steal a guy from an impenetrable fortress. More info here.

Ben Katcher, "The Improbable Theory of Ana and Zak"
OK, technically this is a summer release and I have had it on the To Read pile since I plucked it from the office Free pile. But I'm reading it this fall, so it counts. It's a fun YA romance and you know how much I love those. And Ana and Zak are big nerds, so that's fun. More info here.

Oh!

And I just finished the audiobook for "The Winner's Crime" by Maria Rutkoski and I was blown away. This is the second book in the Winner's Trilogy and it's been great. The narrator is fantastic and the action and twists just kept up until the very end. True to a second book, there's a bit too much drama-building, but the ending nearly killed me. "No Arin! No!"

I now have to wait until MARCH for the final book of the trilogy. Which will leave plenty of time to write the final book in my head and decide how I think the characters should end up. More info here.

What are you reading?



Related posts:
I always do a Fall Book roundup, read them all
Want to see how big of a book nerd I am? See all these posts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project