The Glorious Hallway Makeover is Complete

I loved all my options but the budget/time factor just got to be too much. We really just need something to keep it organized and looking nice until we permanently move home.

So, we drove to Ikea and spent about $130 on three Billy bookcases, and $50 at Home Depot getting more of the white paint ("Polar Bear" from Behr) for the walls. And that's it.
AFTER: White and Clean and Full of Books!
Honestly, I'm so happy with the results, I could do cartwheels!

Here's that Before picture again ...
BEFORE: Reminder, This is What It Looked Like
Painting the walls only took me a day. And the Ikea Billy shelves had to be propped up a bit, so we rigged up some scrap wood we had in the basement to ensure it was level on the carpet. We also installed the topple-guards. The books were piled in a few corners (the bookshelves were moved to Paris), so they now have a good home.

I might install some quarter-round trim to give it a more "built-in" look, but not soon. I'd love to see some floating shelves above, or possibly art. Maybe a light fixture? Not immediately important.

The big thing is we now have a clean and organized library at the top of the stairs, in a space that was once junky and thrown together. And I've banished the olive green color from the house.

All in just a few days with a teeny budget. Not too shabby!



Related posts:
My first attempt at decorating this hallway from 2012
More Hallway pictures
See more Home Projects



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project