A Fun Before and After of the Stairs

This may be one of my favorite house projects ... mostly because it's in the heart of our home and gets used every day. And I had been imagining it for a long time. But also because we did it so quickly. We talked about it Saturday morning and by Sunday afternoon I was painting.  

Here's our AFTER photo ... 


And here's the BEFORE photo that I found from 2016, after our Halloween party. 


The big questions ... is there dog hair all over the stairs?? Yup, there sure is. But we can wipe down the stairs when we're cleaning up. Can you JUST imagine all the hair and dirt in the 20 year-old carpet?! Gah! 

I added this peel and stick wallpaper to this half wall to add a little visual interest and it's a fun element to see each day. The girls didn't like it at first, but it's growing on them. 


So now I've just got to finish up the spindles on the second floor -- and there's A LOT of them. Hoping to wrap up this week. 


Such a fun style update to this dated house. 

Next, we have to address the 20-year-old carpet on the second floor. Hardwood? More carpet? I guess we'll see?! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project