I'm a big fan of having a few purses at the ready: a tiny one for just my wallet and phone, a medium sized bag for adult day trips when I don't have to pack like a Mom and a big Mom tote. And I like to switch based on the need for the day, when I can.
Items very in each of the bags, but the Mom Tote is what I tend to use the most. It's slightly over-sized for a purse and I can jam whatever I need into it -- or out of it.
Here's the rundown of what's usually inside:
|The Summer MOM TOTE|
- Wallet, keys and iPhone, obviously
- Sunglasses for me and child-sized
- Notebook for to-do and grocery lists
- A little bag of Advil, lotion, lip balm and Altoids
- Felt pens in assorted colors, also a Sharpie and pen/pencils
- Hand sanitizer
- iPads - mine and/or the kids'
- Book or Kindle or magazine
- S'Well Water Bottles, because they're friggin' magic
- A bag of nuts or granola bar for an emergency
- Foldaway shopping bags
This Mom Tote is also from LL Bean ... because you know how much I love those interior pockets. I picked it up last year, so the pattern is no longer available. I also got it monogrammed, because I'm fancy.
There you have it. All my Summer Totes ready to roll.
There are a few others events that might warrant a pre-packed totes ... such as camping or picnicking. But I find my family doesn't do that kind of thing often enough. What do you have?
Park and Tennis Tote