Skip to main content

What I'm Diggin' in November 2015

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and the holidays are not too far behind. So what's on my mind this month? Here's the list ...

Boots for Leah - She needs something to keep her feet warm as the temps dip. Do I spring for the $100 Uggs? She's not old enough to feel the pressure of buying the "cool" label (right?!), so can I just get the cheaper off-brand? Is there a more water-proof option? These are my current thoughts around this not-as-significant-as-I'm-making-it purchase.

The Dress From The Loft I'm LOVING
Clothes from the Loft - These woman's apparel mall stores (Loft, Limited, Express, etc.) have a 10-year cycle for me. Most of the time I'll walk in and immediately walk out -- nothing in their collections says My Style. Then, once every 10 years, they create a line that is just for Me -- and that's what is going on at the Loft this month. I bought a bunch of outfits, got good deals on the sales, and now I probably won't shop there for another decade. Peace out.

Reading/Romance Novels - I'm on a jag. I can't seem to put them down. I jump from the next to the next. And I'm getting nothing else done as a result. But ohhh how I love those romance stories.

Online Shopping for Holiday Decor - I'm spending way too much time on sites like One Kings Lane and Crate & Barrel looking at their non-Christmas Christmas decorations and mentally planning my home decorating strategy for this year.

Not Housework - Too much online shopping and romance reading (see above) and nothing is getting done around the house.

Cookbooks - Holiday planning + the end of soccer season + more nights at home in the kitchen has me pulling out and adding tabs to all the new recipes I'm looking forward to trying in the near future.

The Grinder and Life in Pieces on DVR - Lately, there's been nothing on TV that captures my full attention, I'll pull out my phone or flip through a cookbook ... and give the show about a quarter of my attention. But these two shows are absolutely hilarious and sweet. We're almost caught up on all the shows on our DVR, and that's saying something.

Looking Presentable at Thanksgiving - The Loft craze and online shopping for the kids can be directly correlated to wanting to look fantastic for Thanksgiving. I love it when we get a chance to look all put together as a family unit. Like, "Hi, we only see you a few times a year but doesn't our current appearance suggest we're all doing fantastic ... and have no dirty dishes in the sink."



Related posts:
More fashion stories
All the Digging posts 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.