What I'm Diggin' in November 2015

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and the holidays are not too far behind. So what's on my mind this month? Here's the list ...

Boots for Leah - She needs something to keep her feet warm as the temps dip. Do I spring for the $100 Uggs? She's not old enough to feel the pressure of buying the "cool" label (right?!), so can I just get the cheaper off-brand? Is there a more water-proof option? These are my current thoughts around this not-as-significant-as-I'm-making-it purchase.

The Dress From The Loft I'm LOVING
Clothes from the Loft - These woman's apparel mall stores (Loft, Limited, Express, etc.) have a 10-year cycle for me. Most of the time I'll walk in and immediately walk out -- nothing in their collections says My Style. Then, once every 10 years, they create a line that is just for Me -- and that's what is going on at the Loft this month. I bought a bunch of outfits, got good deals on the sales, and now I probably won't shop there for another decade. Peace out.

Reading/Romance Novels - I'm on a jag. I can't seem to put them down. I jump from the next to the next. And I'm getting nothing else done as a result. But ohhh how I love those romance stories.

Online Shopping for Holiday Decor - I'm spending way too much time on sites like One Kings Lane and Crate & Barrel looking at their non-Christmas Christmas decorations and mentally planning my home decorating strategy for this year.

Not Housework - Too much online shopping and romance reading (see above) and nothing is getting done around the house.

Cookbooks - Holiday planning + the end of soccer season + more nights at home in the kitchen has me pulling out and adding tabs to all the new recipes I'm looking forward to trying in the near future.

The Grinder and Life in Pieces on DVR - Lately, there's been nothing on TV that captures my full attention, I'll pull out my phone or flip through a cookbook ... and give the show about a quarter of my attention. But these two shows are absolutely hilarious and sweet. We're almost caught up on all the shows on our DVR, and that's saying something.

Looking Presentable at Thanksgiving - The Loft craze and online shopping for the kids can be directly correlated to wanting to look fantastic for Thanksgiving. I love it when we get a chance to look all put together as a family unit. Like, "Hi, we only see you a few times a year but doesn't our current appearance suggest we're all doing fantastic ... and have no dirty dishes in the sink."



Related posts:
More fashion stories
All the Digging posts 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Books Read ... So Far This Year