Skip to main content

What I'm Loving in My Bathroom

Because I'm not that kind of girl who knows a lot about beauty products, when I find something I like that works, I'm super-excited about it. Here's a few things that are working right now ...

Bumble & Bumble Surf Foam Wash Shampoo and Conditioner - I have used a lot of shampoos and conditioners. Changing your brand helps control build-up, and that's a fact. But it's not often I find one that makes my hair feel as clean as this does. And it smells great, too!

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum - I have had the SAME bottle for just under a decade, I'm not kidding. I only use a pea or two size of this oil before I blow dry my hair. Works to control those wispies and make my hair shine! I started using it on my kid's hair as a detangler, too.

Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Blemish - Tea tree oil, I've found over time, is too harsh on my skin. But if I dap this oil on a pimple, it will quickly diminish it. And make it go away a lot faster.

Chamomile Makeup Remover from Body Shop - I put a penny-sized dollop on a cotton circle and swipe the mascara off both my eyes -- the only makeup I usually wear. It works with one or two swipes and it also cools my skin.

Those are my current faves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.