Halfway to 100 Books in 2023

It's July, the half-way point in the year and a good time to look over where I am in the "Books Read" list. I took a month off from reading around Leah and Alice's B'nai Mitzvah, as I was using all the brain space to plan and work through my introvert-planning-huge-party neurosis that I couldn't fathom digging into a book. Regardless, I'm still on track to hit 100 for the year.  

Here's just a few of my favorites: 

  1. The Stolen Heir by Holly Black -- part of her Elfhame series that I'm all-in on. I was looking forward to more Oak. 
  2. Georgie All Along by Kate Clayborn -- gah, I loved Georgie sooo much. Her messy-and-not-changing-for-you thing was so relatable. 
  3. Love, Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood -- so far, she can do no wrong and this one was extra steamy and so fun. 
  4. First Comes Marriage by Mary Balogh -- I heard her interview on Fated Mates and decided to reread one of  her family series. This is the Huxtable family and it's been over a decade since I read it and it's so fun. Rereading this whole four-book series. 
  5. Finlay Donovan Jumps the Gun by Elle Cosimano -- the newest in this series I think is such a great intersection of comedy, love and murder mystery. (Audiobook) 
  6. Love Hacked by Penny Reid -- this is an off-shoot of the Beard books I devoured last year and I will listen to anything Joy Nash narrates. She's so good. (Audiobook)
  7. Romantic Comedy by Curtis Sittenfeld -- I didn't love this and this writer is all about the set-up and less so about character work, but I found the audiobook keep me going to the end. 
  8. To Marry and to Meddle by Martha Waters -- another series I find cute but not great. I really like the female friendships, so I keep going with it. The romance is just eh. 
Note about my Count: On Kindle Unlimited I've found a slew of novellas -- quick, insta-love stories that take about 2 hours to read and I devour at night if I need to slow down my thoughts before I sleep. I'm not counting them, unless it's part of a long-running series, then I'll count them as one book. For example, I've read 7 books from this short, sexy and sweet mountain man series, which I count as one. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project